This Zucchini Lasagna is healthy, satisfying and delicious. And even though this recipe has no noodles, it tastes just like a traditional lasagna.
Zucchini Lasagna Recipe (with no noodles)
Makes 4-6 Servings
3 medium sized zucchinis
2 cup of tomato sauce
2 pounds ground beef
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp italian season
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
2 cup of mozzarella
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ZUCCHINI (which will be the “dough”)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180° C)
2. Cut off the tips of the zucchini.
3. With a mandolin (and using the hand protector), cut slices lengthwise to make strips that are about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper and place each zucchini slice next to each other, add salt and rest for 15 min
6. After 15 minutes, dry with a paper add pepper and bake for 10 min.
7. Important: You don’t want to skip the steps of drying the zucchinis, otherwise the lasagna will be too soggy if you use raw zucchini slices.
8. Set aside to cool.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE RICOTTA FILLING
1. In a large bowl mix, 1 tbsp italian season, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese, 1 egg, Salt and Pepper.
INSTRUCTIONS TO ASSEMBLE THE LASAGNA
1. Increase the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190° C)
2. Add a drizzle of oil to the bottom of a square glass baking dish.
3. Place a first layer of meat sauce. Place a layer of zucchini slices next to each other in the dish
4. Place a layer of zucchini slices next to each other.
5. Add half of the ricotta filling on top of the sauced zucchinis. Use a fork to gently flatten the ricotta and make it reach all the corners of the baking dish.
6. Place a second layer of zucchini slices over the ricotta filling, placing each zucchini right next to each other.
7. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
8. Reapeat the proces
9. Cover the lasagna with sauce and shredded mozzarella.
10. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
11. When the lasagna is done, let it rest for 30 minutes before serving.
12. Serve and enjoy!