RECIPE in the description below.
This cake is SO GOOD – So moist, rich, incredibly delicious & packed with flavour – with coffee peppermint chocolate frosting. On top of all that, IT IS HEALTHY, your body will thank you!
It is sugar-free, using natural organic sweeteners, and low-carb, using almond & coconut flour full of fibre & protein. With chia seeds & flaxseed to get your Omega 3s, and coconut oil to get your healthy MCT fats!
I use my intuition while cooking, you don’t have to stick to the exact measurements. So make sure you use yours too and modify as you see needed. Happy Baking!
Binders (chia & flax eggs):
– 2 tbsp chia seeds
– 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
– 9 tbsp water or until consistency in the video
– 1/3 cup almond flour
– 3/4 cup coconut flour
– 6 to 8 tbsp cocoa powder (depending on how strong you like it, I like to be extra generous to get strong chocolate flavour)
– 3 tsp baking powder
– Pinch of salt
– 1/3 cup coconut oil
– 2 to 3 tbsp vanilla extract (depending on how strong you like it)
– 2 to 3 tbsp peppermint extract (you can add more if you like)
– 6 to 7 heaped tbsp stevia (natural sweetener)
*I taste my wet mixture and ensure it’s strong enough in sweetness and flavours, as it will mix with the dry ingredients and dilute in flavour. I even added more peppermint extract to get a stronger kick for my liking and modify it! This mixture will get your cake tasting great!
Combining wet & dry mixtures:
– Water to the combined mixture until a nice thick yet pliable consistency as in the video. As you can see, I didn’t use measurements for the water, I added water and mixed gradually, I just used my gut until I got a nice thick fudgy consistency of the batter. You don’t want to make it watery as it won’t hold together while baking.
– 1/3 cup coconut cream
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1 to 2 tbsp natural sweetener
– 1 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
– 1/2 tsp ground coffee (or a pinch)
– Peppermint extract to taste (I use 1 tbsp)
– Vanilla extract to taste (I use 1 tbsp)
**NOTE: TASTE TASTE TASTE as you go along because the cocoa powder, flavourings & sweeteners vary greatly in taste and strength depending on the brand. Make sure your cake taste as you like it, and your taste-buds prefer before baking!
**Keep checking on your cake while baking after 20, 30 (or even 40 mins if needed). Times may vary until it gets nice and firm.
Here are the brands I use:
– Cocoa powder – Cadbury Dark Pure Cocoa 100%
– Cacao powder – Connect Foods Organic Cacao Powder
– Coconut Oil – Raw C (Triple-Filtered & Unrefined)
– Natural Sweetener – Sugarless Stevia Organic
– Sugar-Free Syrup – Queen’s Sugar-Free Maple-Flavored Syrup
TIP – Be generous with the cocoa powder in the baked cake.
TIP – The peppermint extract really enhances the flavour of the chocolate, add as much as your taste-buds prefer.
#Vegan #Keto #Chocolate
Sixteen Twenty Five by Text Me Records/Grandbankss
Hide by Le Gang
Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/uGaGQb03Puc