[RECIPE BELOW] Parsley Parmesan Baked Cod
I haven’t had cod in over 5 years until now! The last time I had it was battered with chips (yuck). This meal is soft and really flavoursome to the point that my father told me it was restaurant quality! Plus, unlike most dredging recipes this one isn’t a huge mess and faff to make.
| The Recipe |
– 4 Cod Fillets (about 750g)
– 1 cup (90g) Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
– Zest of 1 Lemon (1 tsp)
– 3 Garlic Cloves, minced (or 3 tsp Garlic Puree)
– 4 tbsp Salted Butter, melted
– 1.5 tsp Dried Parsley
– 1 tsp Paprika
– Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200c/400f.
2. Pat the cod fillets dry using paper towels. Remove bones, if any. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a shallow bowl, add melted butter and minced garlic. Stir together until mixed well.
4. In another shallow bowl, add parmesan and paprika. Stir together until mixed well.
5. Prepare a baking dish large enough for all cod fillets.
6. Working with one fillet at a time, dip it into the melted butter and flip to coat all sides, then dip into the parmesan mixture to coat all sides, and then place it onto baking dish. Repeat for all other cod fillets and keep them evenly distributed on the baking dish. Distribute any remaining parmesan and butter on top of the fillets, pressing down to stick it to the fillets.
7. Sprinkle parsley and half of the lemon zest on top of the cod fillets.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cod is cooked through (the cod is cooked when it can be easily flaked using a fork)
9. Sprinkle remaining lemon zest on top. Serve up the cod with salad and spoon some of the remaining juice on top.
Please note, all macros are calculated with My Fitness Pal and may vary on ingredients used.
Net Carbs: 1g
| The Keto Kitchen |
Twitter: @KetoKitchen_UK (https://twitter.com/KetoKitchen_UK)
Zazie Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License