Recipe below ⬇️⬇️
Ingredients for pie filling |
100g diced beef
100g sliced mushrooms
20g diced onions
1 beef stock pot
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp xanthan gum powder
Ingredients for pie crust |
80g grated mozzarella cheese
40g ground almonds/almond flour
1/4 tsp onion salt
1/4 tsp garlic salt
Instructions for pie filling |
1. Cut the beef into 1 inch chunks. Poor 1 tbsp olive oil over the beef and season with salt and pepper to taste then mix with your hands.
2. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a hot pan and cook the beef until browned.
3. Add the mushrooms and onion to the pan and fry until browned.
4. Add the beef stock pot to a bowl of 500ml of boiling water and stir until it has fully dissolved.
5. Add the beef stock to the pan and 1/4 tsp xanthan gum and stir through.
6. Place a lid on the pan and simmer for 1 to 1 and a 1/2 hours or until the stock has fully reduced down.
Instructions for pie crust |
7. Line a small pie dish with butter and then line the dish with baking paper. Ensure there is at least an inch of paper hanging over the edges of the pie dish.
8. Add the grated mozzarella, onion salt and garlic salt to a microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
9. Add the ground almonds and half a beaten egg to the bowl and use a fork to mix into a doughy ball.
10. Place the dough ball between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll into shape.
11. Cover the bottom and sides of the pie dish with the dough and cut off any excess dough. Put this excess dough to one side.
12. Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes @ 190c/375f.
13. Allow the meat to cool for 5 minutes and then add the meat filling evenly to the cooked crust.
14. Use the excess dough to make a lid for the pie and use your thumb and index finger to join the seams of the crust together. Ensure there are no gaps.
15. Brush the surface of the pie crust with egg wash and use a sharp knife to make 2 small steam holes in the pie lid.
16. Bake the pie in the oven for 12 minutes @190c/375f.
Share this recipe with your low carb and keto buddies!
Follow us online here: