Kare Kare is a Filipino dish made with Oxtail and peanut butter as its main ingredients. Today we share the way I like to make mine, using an instant pot. #karekare #filipinofood #ketorecipes
-3 Tbsp of cooking oil
-1 small Onion (diced)
-6 cloves if garlic (diced)
-About 4 lbs of oxtail (a heavy 4 lbs 😊… oxtail is expensive so some people use beef.. but for me, oxtail is the only way to have kare kare!)
-Mamasita’s kare kare packet (recommended but not necessary)
-4 heaping big spoonfuls/8 oz of creamy peanut butter (I use organic creamy salted Trader Joe’s.. taste makes a difference for me)
-1.5 lbs of bok choy
-2 asian eggplants
-1/2 lbs of long string beans
-tripe/tuwalya… towels… LOL! (optional.. I don’t put them in because it tastes too gamey for me)
1) add the oil in the *instant pot*: programmed at saute
2) throw in the garlic and onion and saute until softened
3) throw in the oxtail for a few minutes until browned.
4) put water to fill so that meat is submerged
5) change *instant pot* program to pressure cook for 42 minutes (this seems like a lot, but it will make the oxtail super tender)
6) while you wait, clean and chop up the string beans into roughly 2 inch-long pieces, slice the eggplants to about 1 inch thick slices, and wash the bok choy.
7) after pressure cooking, program instant pot to saute. Spoon out excess oil and fat floating on top. Put in sauce packet. Add a little water… like half a cup. Bring to a boil.
8) thrown in eggplant and string beans. Cook with the lid on for 5 minutes.
9) Open the lid. Add the peanut butter and stir for about 2 minutes so that the peanut butter can mix in with the stew. Turn off instant pot. Throw in the bok choy. Cover for a few minutes.
10) Eat. Love. Enjoy. LOL
Keto Dessert – Chocolate Truffles – With Coconut and Almonds