Whether you are celebrating an Indian festival like Diwali, Holi, Navratri, etc or just in the mood to satisfy your sweet tooth, you’ll love this keto friendly Coconut Burfi. This low carb Indian mithai with just 1 net carb per piece is perfect for diabetics or anyone watching their sugar or carbs. Don’t be left out of celebrations…try this delicious treat today!
Macros per piece based on 24 pieces:
Calories – 124
Fat – 13 g
Net Carbs – 1 g
Protein – 1 g
Ghee – 3 Tbsp
Sliced Almonds – 1/2 cup
Dry Shredded Coconut – 2 cups
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 cup
Erythritol – 3/4 cup
Stevia/Monk Fruit Sweetner – 2 pkts (optional)
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
1. Heat Ghee in a non-stick skillet.
2. Add Sliced Almonds and cook till golden.
3. Reduce heat to low and add Coconut. Cook till golden.
4. Move the coconut mixture to one side of the skillet and pour in Heavy Whipping Cream to the empty side.
5. Add Erythritol, Cardamom Powder and other sweetener if using and allow it to melt.
6. Mix the wet and dry ingredients in the skillet and cook on medium heat until the moisture is absorbed and the ghee separates.
7. Pour mixture into a small parchment lined tray/baking pan and flatten it out.
8. Keep the pan in the refrigerator and allow the burfi to solidify (approx 1-2 hrs).
9. Cut burfi into desired size/shape pieces and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
10. Burfi tastes best at room temperature.
How to make keto coconut burfi, low carb Indian mithai, diabetic friendly sweets and desserts, keto desserts, indian fat bombs, low carb sweets for Indian holidays and festivals, Nariyal Badam Burfi.