How to make Keto Chocolate Cake. This low carb chocolate cake is deliciously decadent rich, moist with an amazingly light, airy, fluffy & tender crumb. You and your guests will never guess that it is entirely gluten-free, grain-free and sugar-free making it great for birthday parties with guests that are diabetic or those with dietary concerns.
This Keto Chocolate Cake recipe won the BEST Keto Chocolate Cake contest on Highfalutin’ Low Carb YouTube channel who rating it the winner and best keto chocolate cake in his low carb cake challenge to find the best low carb chocolate cake.
It’s perfect for special occasions, holidays or any time you’re craving a low carb chocolate dessert. Best of all, this healthy chocolate cake comes out perfect every time by all of my readers.
GET MORE TIPS AND GRAB THE FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE:
CHECK OUT @HighfalutinLowCarb ‘s channel HERE to see where he tests and rated this the number one keto chocolate cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfOjLCu9WLc&t=1649s
* 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk , room temperature
* 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
*2 cups super-fine blanched almond flour
* 1/4 cup coconut flour
* 1/2 cup unsweetened high-quality cocoa powder , (can also use cacao powder if preferred)
* 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder , optional but highly recommended for extra richness – can also try to sub with unsweetened dark cocao powder or cacao powder if preferred
* 2/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener , sifted (or your favorite confectioners’ style sweetener)
* 2 teaspoons baking powder* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
* 4 large eggs , room temperature, slightly beaten
* 1/2 cup melted coconut oil , can also use melted grass-fed butter
* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM:
* 2/3 cup grass-fed unsalted butter OR ghee, softened
* 2.5 – 3 cups powdered monk fruit sweetener , sifted (or your favorite confectioners’ style sweetener)
* * 1/2 cup unsweetened high quality cocoa powder , sifted
* 2/3 teaspoons pure vanilla bean paste or 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk , plus more as needed to thin out frosting to desired consistency
* 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
FOR THE CAKE:
Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Lightly coat two 8-inch round cake pans or three 6-inch cake pans with nonstick baking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper rounds. Set aside.
Add almond milk and apple cider vinegar to a large measuring cup. Set aside and allow to sit (and curdle) for 5 minutes while you mix the other ingredients.
Meanwhile, in a separate large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
Add the beaten eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pour in the curdled milk and mix until thoroughly combined.
Divide the batter evenly between the two baking pans and bake in preheated oven for 18-25 minutes (rotating pan halfway through), or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do NOT overbake – the time will vary depending on your oven.
Allow the cakes to cool completely in the pan (or at least 30 minutes) before removing from the pan or it may (will) fall apart. Remove the parchment paper liner. Cool completely before frosting.
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment or a hand mixer on medium speed, beat the butter (or ghee) until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
Switch the mixer to low then slowly add the powdered sweetener, followed by the cocoa powder. Continue mixing on low until combined. Add the vanilla, milk and salt and increase the speed to medium and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Taste and adjust sweetener and / or milk to preferred consistency and sweetness preferred.
TO ASSEMBLE THE CAKE:
Once the cake has completely cooled, assemble the cake by placing the bottom layer on a cake platter or cake stand. Spread a thin layer of chocolate buttercream frosting then add the top layer. Add the remainder of the frosting on the top and sides and decorate as desired with fresh berries.
Cake will keep 3-5 days in refrigerator.
MY SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Website with over 900 recipes: https://lifemadesweeter.com
Facebook 797K+: http://www.facebook.com/lifemadesweeter
Instagram 168+K: https://www.instagram.com/lifemadesweeter
Tiktok 21+K: https://www.tiktok.com/@lifemadesweeter
Twitter 2+K: http://twitter.com/lifemadesweeter
Amazon Shop: https://www.amazon.com/shop/lifemadesweeter
Email Inquiries: lifemadesweeter (at) gmail (dot) com
#ketochocolatecake #lowcarbchocolatecake #chocolatecake