Hey everyone ! I am so happy to share that my YouTube Channel has just turned 1 ! And the best present is achieving 10,000 subscribers YAY !!! It is all thanks to each and everyone of your support and I am truly grateful for it. THANK YOU !
So since I am in a celebratory mood, I decided to make an easy keto cake. As I have said before, I am hopeless at baking cakes and cookies so the best bet is to use the pancake recipe here to make this rustic cake. I am glad that it turned out pretty well and yummy too.
The secret ingredient to make this pancake fluffy is the sparkling water or soda water which is added at the end and folded into the batter. You can literally see the pancakes puffed up on the pan. I have 2 other earlier videos here using this pancake recipe so please check it out.
This recipe makes 12 medium sized pancakes (3″ diameter). I only used 6 of them to make this cake so you could actually make a double portion or just save the extra 6 to eat as pancakes. Of course, you could make it into any size you prefer. Even though I have not done this but I think you can even bake this batter in the oven so you can have a big round cake with maybe 2 or 3 layers.
This pancake cake is simple, rustic, yummy and it can even make a nice festive cake for Christmas with all the relevant colors of white, red and green.
Total servings = 12
Net Carb = 0.4 g
Calories = 73
Total Fat = 6.4 g
Protein = 3.3 g
Cream Cheese Frosting & Garnishings (Strawberries & Blueberries);
Total servings = 6
Net Carb = 4.9 g
Total Fat = 15.9 g
Protein = 2 g
Cream Cheese Frosting;
Cream cheese (room temperature) – 4 oz / 113 g
Butter (room temperature) – 1/4 cup / 30 g
Whipping cream – 1/4 cup / 60 g
Low carb natural sweetener to taste
Coconut flour – 1/2 cup / 60 g
Large eggs – 6
Melted butter – 1/4 cup / 60 g
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Sparkling water or soda water – 3/4 cup / 180 ml
Strawberries – 3/4 cup (sliced) + 1/4 cup (whole)
Blueberries – 1 cup (whole)
Cream Cheese Frosting;
1. Place cream cheese, whipping cream and butter in a bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth and fluffy.
2. Add any low carb natural sweetener of your choice and your desired sweetness.
3. Beat to combine well. Set aside for later use.
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl except the sparkling water and whisk until smooth.
2. Add the sparkling water and fold in with spatula until well combined. The batter may look runny initially but will thicken up eventually.
3. Brush a non-stick pan with melted butter or oil. Scoop the batter onto the pan according to your preferred size. The size of pancake in this video is 3″ in diameter and yields a total of 12 pancakes. For this cake, I only used 6 pancakes.
4. Cook the pancakes over medium low heat. When the batter starts bubbling at the centre, then its time to flip over.
5. Cook until all the batter is used up.
Assemble the pancake cake;
1. Spread the cream cheese frosting on the pancake then top with strawberries and blueberries.
2. Repeat until all the layers are done.
3. Decorate with whole strawberries (instead of sliced) for the top layer as it looks prettier.