Makes 5 Servings, each has: 369 Calories, 23g Fat, 6g Carbs, 28g Protein
• 1 lb (450g) 90/10 ground beef
• salt, to taste
• pepper to taste
• 1⁄2 tsp oregano
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1⁄2 tsp paprika
• 2 cloves chopped garlic
• 8-ounce (250ml) pureed tomatoes
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 12 oz (340g) cauliflower florets
• 4 oz (113g) cream cheese
• 1 tsp Xanthan gum (optional, to thicken) I only used half a tsp
• 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F / 204°C.
2. Add the beef to a large skillet and brown it, breaking it up as you do. Add three pinches of salt, along with the dry seasonings.
3. While the meat is browning, steam the cauliflower until fork tender (mine took 10 minutes).
4. Once the meat is browned, add the garlic, tomato puree, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, then add the cream cheese and stir until mixed in. Add optional xanthan gum, if using.
5. Drain cauliflower and add it to the sauce. Mix well then pour into a large oven safe baking dish (approx 8×13) add cheese and cover loosely with foil.
6. Bake at 400°F / 204°C for 10 mins. Remove foil and broil for 2 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbling.