If KETO is what you eat, then Intermittent Fasting (IF) is when you eat.
Going on the KETO diet and being fat adapted helps tremendously when practising intermittent fasting. It prevents insulin spikes and helps deplete your sugar stores and quickly gets you in a state of ketosis (fat burning).
More about Intermittent Fasting (IF):-
There are different types of fasts:-
1. water fast (drink water only)
2. fat fast (eat fat only)
3. dry fast (no food, no water)
There are also different ways of fasting:-
1. 5:2 – eat for 5 days and fast for 2
2. Alternate day – eat one day, fast one day
3. 24 hour fast – one meal a day (OMAD)
4. 16:8 – fasting for 16 hours with an 8-hour eating window
But the best, easiest and most convenient way to fast is through the 16:8 method. Why? Because all you need to remember is to:-
1. Skip breakfast
2. Have lunch at 1pm
3. Finish dinner by 630pm
4. Go to bed by 10pm (latest)
Please note that IF is not for everyone especially if you are/have the following conditions:-
2. eating disorders and problems
3. irregular menstral cycles with the propensity to develop amenorrhea (period stops)
4. trying to conceive, get pregnant
5. already pregnant or breastfeeding
Always consult with your medical doctor before attempting anything.
Thanks for watching!
Here’s where you can connect with me @lovelynettetan across all social media:-