[RECIPE BELOW] Creamy Raspberry Almond Cake.
Please follow the recipe to a T in terms of cooling the cake – it will come across uncooked or sloppy if you don’t. This is just because of the softness of the cream cheese filling.
With that out of the way, this reminded me a little bit of clafoutis because of the almond taste. It’s very sweet, it’s thick, it’s creamy and it’s a perfect dessert to have with a piping hot coffee. Sure, it takes a while to make but it’s worth it!
| The Recipe |
– 2cups(200g) Almond Flour
– 1/3cup (42g)Coconut Flour
– 2tspBaking Powder
– 1/2cup (113g)Salted Butter, soft
– 1/2cupSweetener (I used Erythritol)
– 3Large Eggs
– 1 tsp Almond Extract
– 1/2cup(125ml) Unsweetened Almond Milk
– 225gCream Cheese, soft
– 1/3 cup Sweetener (I used Erythritol)
– 1Large Egg
– 1/2tspVanilla Extract
– 1 cup (about 200g) Frozen Raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 170c/325f.
2. START WITH THE CAKE: In a medium bowl, add almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder. Mix well and set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, add the butter and 1/2 cup sweetener. Beat until smooth. Then add the eggs and almond extract. Beat again until smooth. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Then, add the almond milk. Mix once again until well combined. Then set aside.
4. FOR THE FILLING: In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with 1/3 cup sweetener until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
5. To assemble the cake – grease a large cake tin (about 9×9″). Place about 2/3rds in the base of the cake tin and spread it evenly. Then, pour on the cream cheese filling, make sure it’s as evenly spread as possible. Place the raspberries across the cake on top of the cream cheese filling.
6. For the remaining 1/3rd of the cake batter, spread it over the cake in small spoonfuls, leaving gaps for the filling to peek through.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the batter has gone golden brown and the filling has set – the cake should still jiggle though.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
9. THEN once the cake has cooled, place in the fridge for AT LEAST 1 hour before serving.
Please note, all macros are calculated with My Fitness Pal and may vary on ingredients used.
Net Carbs: 2g
| The Keto Kitchen |
Twitter: @KetoKitchen_UK (https://twitter.com/KetoKitchen_UK)
MUSIC BY: LAKEYINSPIRED
ORIGINAL RECIPE CREDIT: https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/raspberry-almond-cream-cheese-coffee-cake-low-carb/