From iBreatheImHungry.comthis is such an easy recipe to throw together, and yet so tasty. Makes six servings. It’s inexpensive, delicious, Paleo and Whole 30 compliant! You could also make it in a slow cooker, but you’d lose the crispy skin on the chicken. It would still be very tasty, though!
For the cauliflower rice:
• 7 cups finely chopped raw cauliflower
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
• 1/3 cup pitted green olives, quartered
• 2 Tbsp lemon zest
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1 cup chicken stock
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt (or more to taste)
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
For the baked chicken:
• 2 lbs chicken pieces (drumsticks, thighs, or breasts)
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp paprika (smoked if you have it)
1. Combine all of the cauliflower rice ingredients together in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Spread out in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
2. Combine all of the chicken seasonings in a small bowl. Rub all over the chicken pieces. Place the chicken pieces on top of the cauliflower rice. Sprinkle any remaining seasoning over the top.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp. Serve hot.
4. Alternatively, you could put all of this in a crockpot and cook it on low for 6 hours.
Approximate nutrition information per serving: 1 pc. chicken & 1 cup cauli rice – 345 calories, 19g fat, 5g net carbs, 34g protein